Sunday, 3 April 2011

Fish and Chips on April Fools Day

When I heard of the Fish and Chips night at the kids' nursery, planned for April 1, I thought it was quite an original thought. But it appeared that the fish and chips didn't have anything to do with the Belgian 'aprilvis' (April fish) or French 'poisson d'avril. It was just something that they organised a couple of times a year to give the parents the chance to sit down and chat with each other and some of the carers.

We took Scott's family, who had just arrived from the South Island: Gran, auntie Serena and cousin Holly. They quite enjoyed seeing the place where Ilias and Jacob spend most of their days. Soon the days of 'messy play' will be over, once their ten weeks of Belgian school will start. I hope the shock won't be to big!



Jacob and his fanclub



Of course we took our home made mayonaise: without I can't eat chips!



As always we ordered too many scoops of chips.





The lovely carers/teachers



Wrestling slash hugging




Holly and Jacob on the Kiwi style tyre swing

No comments:

Post a Comment