We received quite a few emails yesterday from worried friends about the tsunami that was about to hit New Zealand. There have been so many tsunami alerts here in the past couple of years that people don't even react anymore, which would cause quite a disaster if a tsunami would really hit the islands. Apparently many surfers went to the beach hoping for extra 'surf'. On the radio I also heard a short interview with an elderly lady who hadn't heard about the alert yet and said: 'O, a tsunami, how nice! I guess I shall leave a bit earlier then...' This attitude is so typical for the Kiwi's, who are usually very easy going and quite hard to get into a panic.
And guess who went spearfishing yesterday afternoon, very much against the will of his beloved wife? Yes, Philip of course. This time he caught a massive 15 kg kingfish and shared some of it with us. I cooked it with the juice of the second last lemon on our lemon tree. Yes, summer is definitely over, with 1 March being officially the first day of autumn. Isn't that weird?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment